Antivirus often get in the way of new files that are created and rendered my use of SVN to a true nightmare.
Hence, I needed to remove SVN from one of the projects that I'm working and there is no single straight forward way of doing this from the coding IDE.
Looking around for advice I see how many people recommend just removing all files starting with ".SVN". However, this is a lot of manual work when the project is of medium dimension.
I've tried it once but it's too time consuming. So, looking around the web I found a nifty way of cleaning SVN from a project.
Create a .bat file, place it on the root of your project and place the following code inside:
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%G IN ('DIR /B /AD /S *.svn*') DO RMDIR /S /Q "%%G"
I take no credit for the snippet as it came from this page: http://www.sean-barton.co.uk/2009/07/how-to-recursively-remove-svn-directories/
Hope it helps if you ever run into the same nuisance.