Off we go to the second round of CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate).
On the first round I was faced with a certification related to things like LAN administration that I was already familiar doing for some years and the difficulty level quickly rised to a point where I was having troubles catching my breath to follow all the discussed topics.
Fortunately, I ended up passing the first level and now comes the second level for another 5 weeks until December.
And CISCO classes don't disappoint me at all.
The teacher doesn't waste a single minute and as soon as the lesson is starting we're already getting our hands in debugging IOS (Internetwork Operative System) CLI (Command Line Interface) and talking about Router protocols nearly non-stop until three hours later.
We do get a small 10 minute break to catch some air - I personally use it to visit the vending machine and get some hot chocolat beverage as drinking coffee at night means no sleep until 04h00 a.m.
5 weeks of classes after work means going home quite late during half my work days during the week (22h00 p.m.) and spending the whole Saturday studying as well.
It hasn't been so easy to manage the time as many other things also crumble up my schedule and plans, just to get an idea I'll try to detail what I've been up to lately.
- My son! - Yep, I'm expecting my first child to be born tomorrow or shortly after. I've been in a strange mix of nerves with happiness with the idea of becoming a father.
- Driver Lessons during the day time - my employers are sponsoring my driver's license so I get to learn how to drive a car until the next 10th of November but unfortunately leaves no time to keep up with my day time duties so I have a lot of work to ensure that everything gets done right at my work place regardless being there or not.
- University - Last year I only needed to do the exams on February of the next year but now things changed and I need to study every week to keep up the activities that are proposed. (I still don't like Algebra one bit..) Let's see how things go this year, the maths are a true headache.
- CCNA - 5 weeks of mayhem to understand in depth how networks work.
- WinBuilder - my all time favorite project needs some attention too, Peter, Booty#1 and the rest of the community are a great help but there is still a lot to be done there.
- Boot Land - Has been growing so popular lately that we suddenly need to optimize a lot of things just to allocate enough resources for the visitors (and to support the spam bot visits)
I don't really know when a person should say that enough is enough regarding how time should be organized. Guess I'd wish to have more time to dedicate to each single task instead of working in this strange multi task mode but things need to get done and I wouldn't likely enjoy missing a chance to do them anyways.